Established in 2003 with a focus on supplying quality products to Y Associations around Australia and New Zealand, our vision is to provide all customers with real, tangible value that is tailored to their needs.
'By the Y, for the Y'
At Y Gear, we are proud that 100% of our profits are invested back into the Y to help realise the Y’s vision to empower inspired young people.
We believe in the power of inspired young people.
To find out more about the Y visit: ymca.org.au
Our Services Include:
- Customised Product Solutions
- Retail Solutions
- Staff Uniforms
- Custom Design Tools
- Sporting Goods and Equipment
- Warehousing & Logistics
Why buy from Y Gear?
That's an excellent question and we're glad you asked! Here's why:
• At Y Gear, we are proud that 100% of our profits are invested back into the Y to help realise the Y’s vision to empower inspired young people.
• All of our products are excellent quality with full warranty backing.
• We dispatch orders every weekday using fast couriers, so you will get your order ASAP.
• We have a great and simple returns policy.
Does Y Gear think Green?
Yes. Whenever we make a decision we always consider the impact it will have on the environment. We are all for reducing waste and taking care of our environment.
• Old boxes are either re-used or recycled
• Orders requiring boxes are usually shipped in used boxes to increase the use of the box before it gets recycled.
• Product packaging for shipping is kept to a minimum and is usually paper or cardboard over plastic alternatives.
• We don't buy foam beads or packaged air but will happily re-use these where possible.
• We partner with TRA to ensure that our staff a the ability to recycle their uniform. This means that all old garments are shredded back into yarn to be made into other products.
Y Gear is 100% committed to ethical procurement, and so are our local and offshore partners.
Our uniform and products are sourced and developed by partners who do not support profiting from unauthorised labour or exploitation of any kind, and they all comply with the set Humane International Standards for manufacturing. This is achieved by regular site visits to all factories and compliance of fair labour programs, as well as ensuring all quality standards and QC responsibilities are being met.
Our partners are ISO 9001-2008 accredited companies, and they and their manufacturers have the following credentials. Our main uniform supplier is also the only Australian promotional clothing facility to be recommended by the TCFUA.